Cthulhu Britannica - Horror Roleplaying in the Green and Pleasant Land
This new collection of horror scenarios for the Call of Cthulhu role playing game features five tales of horror and the weird, set within the green and pleasant land of England. Each scenario focuses upon a different time period, from the streets of Victorian London to the far future when End is almost nigh.
- Bad Company concerns a missing son of a peer of the realm. The investigators must watch their step as they descend into a Victorian world of greed, insane desire and death.
- Darkness, Descending takes place the 1930s amongst the splendid greenery of the English countryside. Archaeologists come to unearth relics from Britain’s dawn find themselves at the centre of strange goings on. A simple case of theft? Or the foreshadowing of something far darker to come?
- Wrong Turn is a contemporary tale set in a long abandoned radio telescope installation. A television production crew must spend the night amidst the cobwebs and dust. The investigators would be advised to tread carefully lest they wake the ghosts of the past, present and future.
- King takes place in the near future at a private hospital. The investigators awake from surgery to realise that in the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king.
- Set during the end of days in an insane future is My Little Sister Will Make You Suffer! In a galaxy gone mad, where cruelty and entertainment go hand in hand, the investigators must run the gauntlet if they are not to meet their end.
Although each scenario can be played as part of an existing campaign, they also come with a set of pre-generated player characters, allowing all to be played and run with the minimum of effort.
Published by Cubicle Seven. Written by Alan Bligh, Keary Birch, John French, Paul Fricker, and Mike Mason. Cover art by John Hodgson. 172 pages, with handouts. 8.5 x 11" perfect-bound book.